Evidence For the Exodus?

Enter into respectful conversation concerning biblical topics. Be prepared to engage in mature dialog. Personal attacks and disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.

Evidence For the Exodus?

Postby little_tigress » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:01 am

So I've started studying Exodus for my personal Bible reading (the app is reading it out t me as I type this - yay technology :D) I've heard that there isn't a written record of the actual exodus given that the pharaoh wasn't likely to record such a crushing defeat (Not sure how good my sources are on that. Maybe there is a written record I'm not aware of).

But my question is this: Is there any kind of historical record concerning the plagues in any way?
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Evidence For the Exodus?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Evidence For the Exodus?

Postby Wesley » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:14 pm

There's some interesting notes about how the Hyksos overran Egypt so suddenly and that it could have been as a result of the decimation of the Egyptian army and population through the plagues. Some tie the Biblical Amalekites to the Hyksos. Egyptian chronology is a little up in arms though. There's plenty of opposing views and timelines that all have compelling evidences and detractions. However, the supposed slam-dunk "There are chariot wheels in the Red Sea!" claims are bunk. :D
Wesley
Site Admin

Re: Evidence For the Exodus?

Postby little_tigress » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:12 pm

Interesting. I should do some googling on the hyksos.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Return to Bible Studies