growing apathetic

Enter into respectful conversation concerning biblical topics. Be prepared to engage in mature dialog. Personal attacks and disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.

growing apathetic

Postby little_tigress » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:51 pm

I dunno about the rest of you, but I find it all together too easy to grow apathetic in my faith or take God for granted. What does the Bible say about this and how can we combat it?
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

growing apathetic

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: growing apathetic

Postby FLGator_Chicky » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:06 pm

Funny that you posted this, because I was just thinking this morning about how I have been shirking my quiet time and spending the time on other things.

The Bible has a lot to say about complacency - her is a link to several scriptures. http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Complacency

When I realize that I am starting to slip into a pattern of complacency, I make a conscious effort to get back into the Word consistently. Otherwise, it becomes easy to let the world replace the Word. Oh what a difference that one simple letter L makes...

For, when I am in the Word instead of the world, it is hard to take my faith - or God's mighty power - for granted. It is a constant reminder for me what God has done for me - someone so undeserving - and how deep His love for me runs.
FLGator_Chicky

Postby WallofWonder » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:07 am

Malachi talks about taking things for granted.
Haggai talks about warnings against wrong priorities.(WSB course)

I guess I try to go to a bible study and a wsb course to help. These are academic type courses in our church.
WallofWonder

Postby sketcher » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:59 am

Personally, the best cure to my spiritual apathy that I know of is to start paying attention to the people who are not apathetic. Not to church-boast, but in a church as large and active as mine, there's going to be somebody who the Holy Spirit is working through with a story to tell. The Lord invites me to hear it by providing the opportunity to hear it and to pay attention.
sketcher

Postby Wesley » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:04 am

sketcher wrote:Personally, the best cure to my spiritual apathy that I know of is to start paying attention to the people who are not apathetic. Not to church-boast, but in a church as large and active as mine, there's going to be somebody who the Holy Spirit is working through with a story to tell. The Lord invites me to hear it by providing the opportunity to hear it and to pay attention.

Wow, that's a good piece of advice. I know the experience when you're around someone that knows the same savior you do, but have so much more fire than you.

And if that doesn't work, I find that the Lord brings some trouble into my path to get me to veer back to Him.
Wesley
Site Admin

Return to Bible Studies