Five Truths About Christian Suffering

Enter into respectful conversation concerning biblical topics. Be prepared to engage in mature dialog. Personal attacks and disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.

Postby little_tigress » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:12 pm

I found this to be a convicting reminder for myself about how God uses suffering.

"But just because we experience suffering as we await the redemption of our bodies, it doesn’t mean that our suffering is random or without purpose. And neither does it mean that Scripture doesn’t tell us how to think about our suffering now."

http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/f ... -suffering
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Five Truths About Christian Suffering

Postby WallofWonder » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:20 pm

We were talking about this in our last wsb class at Willingdon.
We went through the books of Job to Song of Solomon.
Some of the reasons they gave for suffering were the same as in the blog.
1)sad consequence of our own disobedience.
2)preparation for future ministry.
3)refutes Satan charge that we only obey God to escape trials
4)test of faith and obedience.
5)Satan's attempt to distract, disrupt the ministry of God.
WallofWonder

Re: Five Truths About Christian Suffering

Postby little_tigress » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:34 pm

Yes, I think that Satan can crush a lot of hearts needlessly with the lies he whispersIn our ears. We aren't faithful enough or even saved and that's why we suffer. Or some such thing.

And yet I know in my life God has taken my suffering and used it to grow me in Christ. I remember one instance in particular where I really believed my sin was responsible for my suffering and then, like in John 9, God showed me that it wasn't my sin but God himself allowed it for His own purpose. And suddenly it became a little.easier to stop looking inward and focus and trust.in Him.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Return to Bible Studies