Dating woes. Need to vent.

Dating and Engagement. Discuss romance, love, and relationships that haven't been brought to the altar yet.

Postby Leothelioness » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:36 am

So, I decided I would give online dating another try. It's not going as well as my last try. So far I've messaged a lot of different guys and...nothing.

It's been rejection after rejection. It kind of has me questioning myself. If I can't even get a date on a DATING site, how much more hopeless can the situation be??

I just feel so dejected and defeated right now. I'm becoming very depressed over this. I'm kind of feeling like God is keeping things from happening. It's hard not to believe He doesn't want me to find anyone. I try to stay positive and keep praying and having faith, but it's getting harder with each rejection.

I don't know, I just need some uplifting and good advice. :(
I deserve the best, and the best is you.
Leothelioness

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Dating woes. Need to vent.

Postby sketcher » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:08 am

With pictures like yours, you will have some interest. Trust a guy's opinion on that. ;)

I'd also be happy to view your ads and critique them for you, if you're comfortable with that.
sketcher

Postby Ethnog » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:57 am

Yeah, did you post pictures? If not then most likely people pass over. Man are visual creatures. They look before they read anything.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby Leothelioness » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:18 pm

sketcher wrote:With pictures like yours, you will have some interest. Trust a guy's opinion on that. ;)

I'd also be happy to view your ads and critique them for you, if you're comfortable with that.

Thanks, Sketcher. I hope you're right.

And I'll link you my profile when I get a chance.
Leothelioness

Postby Leothelioness » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:19 pm

Ethnog wrote:Yeah, did you post pictures? If not then most likely people pass over. Man are visual creatures. They look before they read anything.

Yes, I did.

I have gotten messages, but they're mostly from men way too old for me. The guys that are more my age that I've messaged have so far not responded.
Leothelioness

Postby Ethnog » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:30 pm

Maybe they aren't as active. Younger guys on dating sites around your age aren't really into that stuff. It makes sense to get messages from the older men because they are ready for relationships.
Is this a regular dating site or Christian mingles thing?!
Still I think much of it is the age thing not that you aren't datable or God doesn't want that for you. It's just the reality of the situation.

Just keep at it, dating sites can be a pain. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack. Is that the saying??
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby Leothelioness » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:27 pm

Update: So, I was pleasantly surprised to find two replies today, so it's not looking as bad as it first did. But there are still a couple of guys that haven't responded. And I know that they have been active lately.

And, yeah, it's Christian Mingle.
Leothelioness

Postby little_tigress » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:02 am

It happens. I've been testing the waters with online dating too. Most men don't respond, or its older men that message. Always.

That doesn't mean there aren't good guys on those sites within an acceptable age range. I was actually very recently talking to a guy a year older than me. Who seemed pretty amazing. And quite handsome. I absolutely would have kept going if we didn't have some pretty big theological differences between us.

So they're out there. It just takes time, patience, and weeding to find them.

And I'll add this. I know how tempting it is to think, "God doesn't want me to date." But please be careful with that. God isn't micro-managing our lives. We get freedom in choosing who to date. Others also get freedom in choosing who to date. Its what makes the whole thing so complicated. And even painful. But its not God's doing. We just have to put ourselves out there however we can, and be open to something new. Even if its scary. One day it will work out. Its just hard to see right now.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Leothelioness » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:58 pm

Completely agree, LT. :)
Leothelioness

Postby Toro » Mon May 25, 2015 2:11 am

Wow,If I heard from ladies as amazing as Leo or LT Id be all.......

How YOU doin?

My guess is the reason these men aren't replying is out of fear, not knowing what to say... it is online dating site so they could be the intensely shy types.

Im currently not looking cause the women I come into contact with aren't the types I want a long term. Sadly, the only Christian women I meet are on here. I'm not looking for perfection. However, Im looking for a Christian woman that WANTS to be a Christian. Not just a woman that says "Im a Christian" but doesn't seem to have any desire to be a better Christian.

A coworker woman is a perfect example, she is a preacher, does the whole "image" thing. Yet her and her new husband (She got pregnant by him so no choice but keep the image looking good) are the most vindictive and judgmental people EVER.

I know I could do better as a Christian and WANT to get better...... I don't care about holding the image of a Christian..... I want more then internals of a better Christian. All that seem to be around are the image "Christians"

Since I can't find that so far, Id rather be single. This bull has had enough of the bad girl, trouble types.

I've also tried the whole dating site thing and it led to me meeting a level of crazy that worried even me. I told myself Im not doing that again. :lol:
Toro

Next

Return to Serious Relationships