Open to a relationship, but not actively looking

Dating and Engagement. Discuss romance, love, and relationships that haven't been brought to the altar yet.

Re: Open to a relationship, but not actively looking

Postby little_tigress » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:05 am

I like what you said about hiding, Wren. I think I've done that myself in a sense. It wasn't so much about not repeating past hurts. I've loved and lost, and I don't regret a second of that. Even though things happened that I wasn't OK with and I did get hurt in the process, I think it was something I was supposed to experience to learn and grow from. And I can't regret loving someone, even if it doesn't turn out the way I'd originally hoped. So I wouldn't hide because of my own experiences.

But I have seen so much ugliness in relationships around me that makes me feel like I'm better off single. So for a long time I just didn't bother and had no interest in dating. Sometimes I still feel that way. It feels like there are so few people out there who truly understand what it means to love selflessly. I get drained just from seeing other people live it. So it feels easier alot of the time to just avoid that whole part of life.

But consciously, I know that thats not a sign to avoid dating. Its a sign to be careful as I date. To watch to see if he's really a man I want to be with.

I don't know where I'm going with this. And now I'm hijacking this thread. Oops.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Toro » Mon May 25, 2015 2:28 am

Wow, I should come to this section more. :D

I don't see anything wrong with being open to a relationship but not searching.

I am in that place myself. Not so much out of fear.... more out of simply being tired.

Im an old bull, thats not to say there is no more life or energy left in the tank. I do, but Im tired of wasting that life and energy.
Toro

Previous

Return to Serious Relationships