The Do's

Dating and Engagement. Discuss romance, love, and relationships that haven't been brought to the altar yet.

Re: The Do's

Postby sketcher » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:36 am

Well, I bit the bullet and asked her to get some tea. She said "thanks but no thanks." I don't know how she viewed it. But I wasn't expecting a rejection to hurt this badly. I caught myself wanting to die, I hadn't felt that way in years. Feeling this bad moved me to close myself off in the first place.
sketcher

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby little_tigress » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:16 am

I'm so sorry, sketcher :(

It sounds like you may be reliving past hurts and it just opened an old would that maybe never healed right.

It's OK to feel hurt, and completely natural. but make a conscious decision at some point that you won't allow it to make you shut down or shut people out. It'll only keep the hurt festering over time.

I hope there's someone in your life you feel close enough with to talk this stuff out with. Or perhaps there's a leader in your church who could counsel you?
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Leothelioness » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:27 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, Sketcher. What matters is that you did it and you're not left wondering, What if?

Rejection will always hurt and unfortunately there's no sidestepping it. It's just part of taking risks and living life, so don't take it personally. Just look at it as a growing experience and whatever you do DON'T close yourself off. I have before and you'll cause nothing but pain and misery for yourself.

Keep yourself open to new experiences and try and look at this as a positive thing. I can speak from experience on this as you know, and it's been a long hard lesson, but it's one I'm finally learning.
I deserve the best, and the best is you.
Leothelioness

Previous

Return to Serious Relationships