staying friends

Dating and Engagement. Discuss romance, love, and relationships that haven't been brought to the altar yet.

staying friends

Postby little_tigress » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:51 am

Do you think its possible to stay friends with someone you've broken up with?
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

staying friends

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: staying friends

Postby Ethnog » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:03 pm

If married and with kids I get being friends so that your children can have a healthy life with both parents.
But if people can do it without causing problems or one having hope they will get back together while the other doesn't, it seems complicated.

Personally, speaking I still speak to him time to time but I keep my distance because when I do it hurts a lot and I want something that won't happen now. I don't like reliving that feeling and I don't like doing that to him either. I think we both feel that way.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby little_tigress » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:56 pm

Yep. I tried staying friends for a long time after we broke up and all it did was land us in a limbo of sorts. Not together, but not not together either. It was hard.

Honestly I don't know how it can be possible to stay friends with an ex. Some people say they can and there are no lingering feelings. But I dunno... I'm not sure I'd trust a guy who says he is just friends with his ex.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Wren » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:55 am

I think that you have to be completely over the person in order to be friends. I could easily be friends with an ex now. But I tried being friends with my exes and it just made it so much harder for me to fully move on, even when I had ended things and knew they were no good for me.
Wren

Return to Serious Relationships