How far into a relationship . . .

Dating and Engagement. Discuss romance, love, and relationships that haven't been brought to the altar yet.

Postby sketcher » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:49 am

(No, there isn't news, I'm just curious.)

How far into a relationship should you start taking your significant other to family holiday events (Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.)?

How far into a relationship should you start taking your significant other as a date to family/freinds' weddings?
sketcher

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: How far into a relationship . . .

Postby Wren » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:48 pm

When you are serious about them. I don't mean that you've proposed, but that you could definitely see a permanent future with this woman. Because taking a woman to family events signals to me that you are kind of inviting them to be part of the family, almost testing out how well the woman interacts with them (and vice versa).
Wren

Postby mina » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:42 pm

I agree ^ ; when you can see a future with them.
mina

Postby little_tigress » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:44 pm

If I'm dating him, I'm already serious about him. So I don't know that there a certain amount of time that has to pass for that stuff to happen. Just when both people feel ready.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Toro » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:26 am

When do I go meet her family: As soon as the guns in the house have no ammo and all sharp objects are stowed in a far away location.

Otherwise my oddness may just get me killed.

When do I bring her to meet my family: Whenever I see them if she wants to.
Toro

Return to Serious Relationships