Ladies do you like being called "hot?"

Dating and Engagement. Discuss romance, love, and relationships that haven't been brought to the altar yet.

Postby Ethnog » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:45 pm

Yes/no/ maybe
Ill give my thoughts later.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Ladies do you like being called "hot?"

Postby little_tigress » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:37 pm

Generally speaking, no. though I s'ppose it would depend on who was calling me that. if it was a guy I actually had a relationship with, its flattering. Though I'd still prefer to be called beautiful to hot.

if its some random person on the street, its not OK.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Wren » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:55 pm

If I'm ever called that, I'll let you know. :P

If it's cat-calling, then I'd hate it. If it's from a spouse, then I'd be all for it. (WrenHubby calls me beautiful, though, and I greatly prefer that.) If I posted a pic of myself on facebook in a dress and got called that by friends, then I'd probably be thrilled (unless I'd worry that the dress is too sexy).
Wren

Postby mina » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:04 pm

Only by my husband!

I don't think I'd ever get called that except by someone trying to make fun of me- which has happened before. So if it was a stranger I'd just assume that they were trying to be mean and I'd get away asap.
mina

Postby Leothelioness » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:37 am

Honestly, yes it's very flattering. Although I get gorgeous or beautiful far more than I do hot. :lol:
I deserve the best, and the best is you.
Leothelioness

Postby Ethnog » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:45 am

When I was younger I never got those words... Mostly "cute" and that would hurt my feelings. I wasn't 5 to be cute you know? I have been getting "hot" lately and it has been surprising me. I know a hot woman when I see one so it's nice when someone sees that in me but I don't believe it myself.
It's interesting to me that as I grow older I have gotten more attention by the opposite then ever in my life. I am not sure what changed but it's nice sometimes.
Do I get the nasty comments.... Yeah I hate those but the genuine ones are sweet and surprising. Surprising because it comes from a specific person who I never thoughts would pay attention to me.
Ethnog

Postby Leothelioness » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:55 am

Ethnog wrote:When I was younger I never got those words... Mostly "cute" and that would hurt my feelings. I wasn't 5 to be cute you know? I have been getting "hot" lately and it has been surprising me. I know a hot woman when I see one so it's nice when someone sees that in me but I don't believe it myself.
It's interesting to me that as I grow older I have gotten more attention by the opposite then ever in my life. I am not sure what changed but it's nice sometimes.
Do I get the nasty comments.... Yeah I hate those but the genuine ones are sweet and surprising. Surprising because it comes from a specific person who I never thoughts would pay attention to me.

Isn't that great, Ethie?! I remember when I started getting called pretty/beautiful/gorgeous, etc. I was very taken aback because I had never been called those things and I didn't believe it. Still don't sometimes. But it is nice when it's coming from someone who you thought would never notice you. :)
Leothelioness

Postby Ethnog » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:58 am

Yes! A month ago a man stopped me at the grocery store and gave me a compliment. At first I thought he was kidding. I couldn't even believe a gorgeous man like that would notice me in a second. I told the office manager about it and said jokingly, "i still got it" haha
Ethnog

Postby Leothelioness » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:30 am

I had the same thing happen not too long ago. One of my girlfriends from work and I were at a show and there was this guy that, I kid you not, looked like he came out of a magazine. He was literally perfect and she was like, "Let's go walk past him. He's so hot." And we did and as we were walking past he said to me, "You have a great smile.....and gorgeous eyes." And all I could do is just stare at him in shock. :lol: I know I probably looked stupid, but I couldn't believe this guy was paying me a compliment!
Leothelioness

Postby Amber » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:21 pm

I would love it. Hasn't happened yet and probably won't since I'm cursed with a baby face :(

I call guys and girls alike hot. It means they are visually pleasing but being hot does not necessarily mean I'm attracted.
Amber

Next

Return to Serious Relationships