Instant Dates

Dating and Engagement. Discuss romance, love, and relationships that haven't been brought to the altar yet.

Instant Dates

Postby little_tigress » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:06 pm

So I follow a local news/editorial blog for my city. And today they posted this.

I just rolled my eyes. If a guy I didn't know tried grabbing my hand to lead me anywhere... Well that's just not going to turn out well.

Guys have tried this with me (not the handholding, but there was hugging and kissing on the cheek -not my idea or initiation), and i know this approach does not work on me. It just makes me uncomfortable and I start looking for an escape route. Even if he is confident and good looking.

Maybe there's just something around with me :D

Anyway. Would you try this? Would you be open to it if someone tried this with you?

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2014/03/how- ... vancouver/
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Instant Dates

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Instant Dates

Postby mina » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:26 pm

Asking someone out the minute you meet them is not terribly terrible. If I were single, I would give a guy points for being confident enough to ask. I don't think asking is "weak". But that takes a certain finesse. Grabbing someone's hand to "lead" them anywhere within 5 min. of meeting is just creepy and controlling. I don't think he's promoting that literally; but to not phrase it as a question on the unsuspecting person so they will follow the lead. But, even though that is "confident" and all; I don't think it's very respectful.
mina

Postby little_tigress » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:08 am

Yeah, I'm not offended by the guy who would ask me out quickly. That can be very flattering, done right.

Its when the guy comes on too strong and cocky that makes me think, "nope." And physical touch like what he's describing (or what I experienced)... Double nope.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Amber » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:39 am

I like the concept in general. Seeing a stranger, wanting a connection, and making it happen. But I see all the pot holes of this approach also. I think that for 99% of the males out there this would fail them because their confidence could be taken as arrogance or their whole "I like you even though I just saw you" could have a desperate/creepy factor to it.
Amber

Postby Ethnog » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:31 pm

I got asked out that way a few weeks ago. I thought his confidence was great. He wasn't pushy and he said what he had to at the moment. He knew what he wanted and went for it.
Now if he grabbed my hand I would feel awkward but if we were crossing a busy street and had to do it quickly I wouldn't really give it much thought or analyze why so much.
Would more regetions happen this way? Maybe, but you never know.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby MacFall » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:44 pm

I'd probably be too flattered to say no. But I doubt that anything serious could come out of it. I'm still 100% aboard the "friends first" train.
No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
MacFall

Postby Barefeetonholyground » Fri May 02, 2014 1:11 am

Oh no way. In my mind this translates into "I'm a creepy stalker desperate for attention." And I have been approached in grocery stores, bus stops (so glad I own a car now), and who knows where else and it annoys me. At least know my name before asking me on a date. Then maybe you'll get the idea that I'm not "easy."
Barefeetonholyground

Return to Serious Relationships