Dating sites

Dating and Engagement. Discuss romance, love, and relationships that haven't been brought to the altar yet.

Re: Dating sites

Postby ulu » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:50 am

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
ulu

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Leothelioness » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:28 am

I have always said I would never do dating sites, but I don't think I'll ever meet someone IRL.

I thought I would just set up an account and see if I get any legitimate hits and if I do I'll at least try it. If not, I won't bother.
I deserve the best, and the best is you.
Leothelioness

Postby little_tigress » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:16 am

There are legit guys on dating sites. Sometimes it just takes patience and lots of wedding through the losers to find them. But they're there..

Also which site you go on will determine what kind of guy you meet. For example Plenty of Fish, as with most free sites, will mostly be guys looking to get laid.

Not that they aren't active on paid sites too, but typically if someone is willing to pay for a site, they're a little more serious about meeting someone real.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Leothelioness » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:45 am

I thought about doing Christian Mingle. I'm not sure if that's a free site or not. Do you have any experience with that one?
Leothelioness

Postby little_tigress » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:56 am

I only talked to a couple of guys on there. The first guy was a controlling person that scared me away from that place for a few years (which, in hind sight, was silly since it wasn't the site's fault). The second guy was nice enough but we weren't right for each other.

It's free to sign up and look around and I think to send smiles. But to actually talk to someone there, you have to pay.
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
little_tigress

Postby Leothelioness » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:19 am

Ah, okay. Is it free to set up a profile?
Leothelioness

Postby little_tigress » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:25 am

Yep!
little_tigress

Postby little_tigress » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:07 pm

Just read this and thought it had some good points. Mainly common sense stuff but worth a read.

The one she forgot was the guy who starts messaging you with poetry or declarations of undying love. They're either looking to get laid or a green card. Either way, don't respond :P

http://hellogiggles.com/online-types-to-avoid
little_tigress

Postby Leothelioness » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:33 am

I set up a profile last night and then chickened out and deleted it. I got a few messages, but I just didn't feel right going about it that way. :/ The whole meeting random men kinda scares me. So does dating. Lol :lol:
Leothelioness

Postby little_tigress » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:42 am

Oh yeah I know that feeling. It's not natural at all, which is why I think online dating sites have never worked for me.

I might push through the scariness of it all at some point. We'll see. I'm not exactly in a rush to meet someone
little_tigress

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Relationships