Dating sites

Dating and Engagement. Discuss romance, love, and relationships that haven't been brought to the altar yet.

Re: Dating sites

Postby Spunkn » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:12 pm

I see no problems with them as long as you use common sense and good judgment. I don't know that I would ever use it personally, at least not right now maybe I'll change my mind in the future I don't know.

It's simply another tool used to meet people, and it can work better with people who have heavy schedules. My brother met his wife through a Christian dating site.
Spunkn

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Ninzae » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:04 pm

The internet has been instrumental in me becoming a Christian - from a chat room that led me to Christ to finding my churches in DK and NL through FB and Yahoo, respectively. I am not discounting the possibility that I might meet my future husband online.

I have seriously considered online dating after one major break up and two messy short relationships. I've been apprehensive all these years because I knew I wasn't ready at all but I was just lonely and desperate. I felt the discomfort of the residues from the past relationships. I did not want to go online dating and bring a lot of baggages with me. It is not fair. This is also the same reason why I have not dated IRL too.

With heart settled, think I am ready to check it out but I have not. I will eventually do it . As to when, I don't know.
Ninzae

Postby MacFall » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:27 am

I really want to delete my profiles, but I know that eventually I'll succumb to the temptation to try again and I don't want to have to reconstruct my profiles. I hate my lack of willpower.
No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
MacFall

Postby little_tigress » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:59 am

Its OK, Mac. We'll be weak together. I still haven't deleted mine either. And the only actual interest I seem to be drawing is from men old enough to be my father.

But one day I'll want it again when I'm ready to consider dating, so it stays up.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby ulu » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:57 am

been kicked off POF twice- still don't know why-possibly for having 2 profiles up in 2 different places, both of which were legit
only met someone once from there
ulu

Postby little_tigress » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:02 am

little_tigress wrote:Its OK, Mac. We'll be weak together. I still haven't deleted mine either. And the only actual interest I seem to be drawing is from men old enough to be my father.

But one day I'll want it again when I'm ready to consider dating, so it stays up.

Aaand flash forward to today, I'm no longer a member of any dating site. my profile was deleted sometime in January or February. And I've had no desire to open a new one.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby MacFall » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:57 pm

I've been Christian Mingle, Plenty of Fish, OKCupid, Match, eHarmony, and a number of free sites as well whose names I don't remember readily. Hundreds of messages, and a grand total of three replies. The last one agreed to meet me. We went on what I thought was a date, but afterwards she retroactively downgraded it to "just hanging out", told me I was a patronizing jerk, and to stop contacting her. I saw on her FB page before I unfriended her that she had started dating a professional comedian the day after our "just hanging out evening". Hope he gets good material out of her. :/

TL;DR - Online dating is a massive waste of time and I quit.
No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
MacFall

Postby Wesley » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:04 pm

MacFall wrote:I've been Christian Mingle, Plenty of Fish, OKCupid, Match, eHarmony, and a number of free sites as well whose names I don't remember readily. Hundreds of messages, and a grand total of three replies. The last one agreed to meet me. We went on what I thought was a date, but afterwards she retroactively downgraded it to "just hanging out", told me I was a patronizing jerk, and to stop contacting her. I saw on her FB page before I unfriended her that she had started dating a professional comedian the day after our "just hanging out evening". Hope he gets good material out of her. :/

TL;DR - Online dating is a massive waste of time and I quit.

I signed up to a few but never really got the courage to do much more than make an account and fill out my profile in a decreasingly serious manner. You get a million more internet points than me for actually doing something. :D
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby ulu » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:33 am

Heather wrote:
Toro wrote: I have money coming out my wazzu.....

I double dog dare someone to make that their dating profile heading just to see what happens.

OK- I just did it

username on there (pof) is threepointthree

see how long before they shut me down again
ulu

Postby Wesley » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:36 am

ulu wrote:OK- I just did it

username on there (pof) is threepointthree

see how long before they shut me down again

Among legends, you are unparalleled.
Wesley
Site Admin