Things you like about the opposite sex.

Dating and Engagement. Discuss romance, love, and relationships that haven't been brought to the altar yet.

Postby Ethnog » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:01 am

I know many of you are married, so you can share what you love about your husbands/wives, instead. (Oh, and if you are dating!).

The title says it all.

I'll go first and describe the person I care about a lot.

Listens to every detail. I don't think he is listening but wow does he listen. I like that a lot!
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Things you like about the opposite sex.

Postby MoldySneakers » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:40 am

I'm going to assume that for us who are unattached you mean what do we like about the opposite sex in the sense of what I am attracted to.

Bottoms
Legs
Brains
Hair
Smell
Compassion
Spontaneity
Wisdom
Devotion
Playfulness
Understanding
Acceptance

I guess these are more or less an order of things I notice about them as I get to know them better.

However if Ethnog meant what do I like about the opposite sex in general (and obviously I'm going to be making generalisations here),
Smell
Prettiness
The way they adore small cute and fluffy animals, often including the stuffed ones still on their bed
The way they fuss over ridiculous things, like getting ready to go out
Their attention to detail (yes I know this and the one above are connected).
Their smoothness and softness, even the most rugged ones.
I pity you, you of the mean intellects. You need to hold on so tight to your cherished opinions because to do otherwise would be to grow, and change is scary, and what is scary must be avoided.
MoldySneakers

Postby Ethnog » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:41 am

I liked both of your answers. =)
Ethnog

Postby Wesley » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:30 am

This might be a bit odd... but it's in line with me as a person. :D

• Hands. Something about most female hands is mesmerizing. Soft, delicate... very, very expressive. You can't lie with your hands.
  • Smell. There's always something sweet about a lady.
  • A more delicate thought process. A nice balance to a more bulldozer mentality.
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby little_tigress » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:51 am

I love the way men think.
I love their strength.
I love the way they can make me laugh and think. sometimes at the same time.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Zombie » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:33 am

The women I admire are like diamonds: their strength and beauty shines through when they endure heat, pressure, and time.

(And yes, I'm well aware that the sentiment is smothered in cheese. Oh well. Sue my inner romantic.)
Zombie

Postby Spunkn » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:43 pm

The female form, God definately made males visual.

An inner strength that comes out during different situations. Women are often very strong mentally and spiritually, they just don't feel the need to show it off as much as guys do. That's attractive.

I know it's a total guy answer, but I'll say it anyway. I like that women like to be held, and reassured. To be a source of security for them is a pretty amazing feeling.

Women often listen way better than guys do.

Women are often better at encouraging others.

Women will often be more willing to ask for help, whereas guys will stand around making a fool of themselves because of their pride.

These are all generalizations of course and not everyone is the same.
Spunkn

Postby Zombie » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:27 am

Physically, a genuine smile goes a very long way with me. Not physically, I also love a woman who has self-respect without arrogance.
Zombie

Postby Ethnog » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:21 pm

Emotionally stable men.
And I do not mean a man who cannot be emotional or cannot show his emotions ever. Thats never a good thing.
But someone who doesn't allow his emotions to over run every single choice in his life.

I also admire a man who can see other peoples perspective and life. There is something enduring about a person who can truly take their time to understand who someone is, without always having a barrier.
Ethnog

Postby Amber » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:38 pm

Y'all have such lovely thoughts and perspectives. Its so interesting to see a little into a person's brain.

I like (in no particular order of importance)

-Guys who are protective in a sincere way, not meant to show the world their strength but rather their love of the person they are protecting
-Arm hair (hahah, I know, random)
-How emotionally sturdy they are.
-The need to fix a problem
-The tough but tender dichotomy
Amber

Next

Return to Serious Relationships