Love languages

We're called ChattyChristians.com for a reason! If you can't find a place for it anywhere else, post it here!

Love languages

Postby Kenobi » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:43 am

Going off of Ethie's post about love and the mention of love languages there, what is/are your love language(s)?

Mine is definitely acts of service.
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." --Jeremiah 29:11
Kenobi

Love languages

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Love languages

Postby OneHappyCookie » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:53 am

I just picked up that book. I haven't read it yet though.
ImageImage
OneHappyCookie

Postby little_tigress » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:10 am

According to this site: http://www.5lovelanguages.com

10Quality Time
7Physical Touch
5Acts of Service
4Words of Affirmation
4Receiving Gifts
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Fremdin » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:11 am

My love language is sarcasm
Fremdin

Postby Heather » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:15 am

I loved the book and recommend it to everyone. Mine are Physical Touch with Quality Time a close second. The least is Gifts.
She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. - Proverbs 31:25
Heather

Postby Ethnog » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:20 am

I think words of affirmation and touch are my love language. oh la la!
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby mina » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:18 am

touch and words are mine, and quality time after that
mina

Postby Wesley » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:18 am

I have never seen a touchier bunch than you all! Usually that seems to be a much lower "language", at least in the circles I'm in. I've always thought I was weird or wrong for being a little touchy, at least that's what I was told.

So apparently I always have to be the oddball one because I took every love language test I could find in the book, on the website, etc. (I even took the tests that were meant for females, not males) and I pretty much always came out with two things tied for max points and the other three things way, way down. The tied ones were physical touch and words of affirmation. In the book it does mention that some people have two languages, and to see which one is your strongest you ask yourself "Which one of these two could I live without." The one that you can drop leaves the most important one behind. So the one that is most important between the two didn't even take much thought. I could handle not being touched - but meaningful words and communication I could not.

It's also interesting to see that each language seems to have sub languages, because what words, touch, gifts, service, and time that one person will respond too, another person with the same primary language doesn't seem to like as much. So for example, touch to me isn't so much intimate like hugging or kissing as it is just a bump, brush, or tap. Methinks that's a little weird. :D

My least understood language is I believe "Acts of Service", then gifts is second to last and quality time is a reasonably strong third.
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby Thunder Peel » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:14 am

English and a little bit of Spanish. I can speak those lovingly. I save my Germain and Esperanto for those I truly hate.
Thunder Peel

Postby Wren » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:25 am

My top 3 have always been Physical Touch, Quality Time, and Acts of Service, though not always in the same order.

Gifts are very low on the list for me (except on very special occasions), but I really like to give gifts.

ETA: I just took the quiz and Quality Time is currently #1, with PT and AoS pretty much tied for 2nd place.
Last edited by Wren on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wren

Next

Return to Chat Lounge