Love languages

We're called ChattyChristians.com for a reason! If you can't find a place for it anywhere else, post it here!

Re: Love languages

Postby Marycita » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:49 pm

Amber wrote:Yeah but it wasn't like I hugged you every day that we lived together either so I would say that neither of us NEEDED to show each other (or receive) our love through our primary language. I don't doubt that you love me and I would hope you don't either. The LL's are a good tool for intentionally focusing on the needs of someone but it isn't the end all or be all of showing love.

Ahhh goood point. Thanks :D
Marycita

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wren » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:56 pm

Amber, I love giving gifts. I do dislike getting them except for special occasions only. It's not about appearances. I'm not worried about being greedy or selfish. I just have issues about money and gifts are part of that.

I remember my husband telling me once that his top love languages were also touch, time, and service. Though I emailed him a link to the quiz because he doesn't remember telling me that. I'm am pretty sure that the quiz will show those as his top three, though I suspect service is higher than time. I think I would have been fine with someone who had different love languages. My sister is very different from me and yet I used the Love Languages for Singles book to help our relationship. (I started giving her more compliments, I gave her gifts when I could and still do, and try to always make time to chat or visit when I can.)
Wren

Postby little_tigress » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:49 am

little_tigress wrote:According to this site: http://www.5lovelanguages.com

10Quality Time
7Physical Touch
5Acts of Service
4Words of Affirmation
4Receiving Gifts

took the test again, and got pretty much the same result except that now Acts of Service and Words of Affirmation have flipped.

I think its kind of interesting, how this all works. I think I'm actually much more comfortable with telling someone how I appreciate them than being told I'm appreciated. I mean I *do* like being told that, and I do need to be told that, but it always elicits an "aw shucks" moment where I turn all red and then try to change the conversation to get the focus off me. I'm a weird and strange person.

I also really like to give gifts to people, but I'm much less concerned with getting them in return. so thats probably why its so low on my list.

but quality time and touch are must haves.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Previous

Return to Chat Lounge