why are women hated so much?

We're called ChattyChristians.com for a reason! If you can't find a place for it anywhere else, post it here!

Postby little_tigress » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:07 pm

Long story short: I'm on a meetup group online for my area, and it's specifically for Christians of all walks of life. Last night one guy decided to turn it into a dating opportunity and posted a personal ad. I don't know how many dates he got out of it, but the ad turned into one of the most lively discissions I've ever seen on pretty much every aspect of dating as a christian today.

One guy (not the one who posted the ad) in particular, however, stood out to me.

He started out rational enough talking about how dating is hard for him and how he wishes women in the church would be more forward so the dating field could be more equal and there'd be less pressure on men. And the conversation ended with him alienating myself and the only other woman participating in the discussion by saying, essentially, that all women are potential emotional/mental abusers and that the rise of the modern day feminist movement is evidence of how men are being persecuted and torn down.

I would have written him off as just an angry guy, but I keep seeing this same thing from different men. There are a lot of guys out there (certainly not all, i wouldn't even say most - but they are out there) who are bitter, angry, and dare I say hateful against women. They assume the worst of us because of our gender. But then they wonder why they're single.

And I know it goes the other way. There are women who assume the worst of men simply because they are men. But this level of hate against us seems to be rather recent. I've even discovered entire websites and organizations dedicated to tearing down women's rights because women are seen as persecuting men.

My question: have any of you noticed this? And where did it all come from?
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: why are women hated so much?

Postby Wren » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:42 am

There definitely seems to be a nasty side to some anti-feminists. I get that not all men will be pro-feminism or pro-women in any sense, but there does seem to be some particularly disturbing stuff spouted by large enough numbers of men. It's not even shocking to read about men who think rape should be legal or the many ways in which a woman is responsible for her rape. I've heard of a new "movement" called meninism, which is just a joke really because these guys don't really care about making changes. These are the same people who seem to laugh at the idea that a man can even be raped. So, it's not like they are trying to actually improve how society treats men.

They just come across as entitled babies who throw tantrums when they can't treat women as blow-up dolls in video games and in person (I mean, how dare a woman have a say in who she dates. A guy is interested in a particular woman? And he's a "nice guy"? Then he obviously deserves to date whoever she is no matter what.) I think it's really difficult for some men to see strong women. I'm not sure though why this "poor me, I'm a victim of the mean women" comes about, though. It's something I wasn't familiar with until I joined the other forum. I never came across it offline.
Last edited by Wren on Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wren

Postby mina » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:15 am

Yes, I've seen this and experienced it. I guess it boils down to insecurity and inability to cope with their situation - it's easier to pout and blame others. But, it just really makes them look bad and the only women who would date them are the ones that are severely insecure themselves. I've never understood the "i'm mad at you and hate women b/c I want to date you/sleep with you, but you don't want to date me/sleep with you b/c you are a normal person and I'm scary and weird and seem imbalanced. Therefore I hate all women". They don't seem like much of a man at all. It's just disturbing to me. Like anger and stalking would make a girl WANT to date a guy like this MORE; um no. I've seen it online much more than in real life; in all extremes. One guy at the funzo forum made up his mind to teach me a lesson ,dag nab it! For being an uppity female and getting married to an actual normal guy, but then continuing to post at said forum. How dare I post anywhere on the forum, not even in the singles, but anywhere, b/c I'm married and have a duty to spend all my waking time being my husband's servant and I'm a constant reminder that the "good" females are taken; or something twisted like that. That was definitely a head scratcher. The comments and the snide reps I got………just so hateful and stupid. Yeah dude, you are one of the "good" guys *eyeroll here while I snicker*. Just keep telling yourself that.

Anyways, I think men like this are gaining momentum b/c there are enough out there that are pouting through social media or online somewhere and they gravitate to the idea and think they are not alone, so it gives them courage to keep going down the wrong path to rectify their situation; which never works and they end up getting more twisted and weird in their ideas. Rejection or disappointment hurts, but if you can't deal with it; I think some guys get twisted in their ideas and take it out on the wrong people.
mina

Postby little_tigress » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:40 am

Wren, I've come across the meninists too. They are disturbing to me.

I'm sorry you experienced that, Mina. That's awful.

I know someone IRL who is this way and has been for as long as I can remember. But he's also got mental health issues, which is where I think his ideas stem. It was surprising to me when I started to discover men and groups online who think the exact same way, mostly online. I thought it was a rare point of view before. But I'm coming across this more and more.

The irony is that feminism, at its core, is entirely about equal rights. Which means true feminists also stand for men's rights. But what they're arguing for.. I'm not sure they even know.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby mina » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:28 pm

I think they are arguing b/c they are disappointed that the world of women doesn't work just exactly like they think it should. Sorta like how dare women think how they want, do what they want, date who they want, etc…. b/c that disrupts how they think women SHOULD act according to them. And then it gets all convoluted and off the deep end; where some of them think that because THEY think that way; GOD thinks that way b/c they are a man and are entitled by God to think that way; it's their right! I don't know; I just can't imagine any man who is truly striving after pleasing God, hating a woman b/c he can't control what she does or thinks or wanting to enforce their thoughts to the detriment of others. The same goes for a woman and hating men. Anyways, I have seen lots of it online and most of it at the other place; few instances were directed towards me, but I saw it going on towards other women. The internet gives people anonymity and they can end up saying things and doing things and entertaining ideas that grow bigger and bigger in their minds, that they never would explore in real life. I had a male professor say once that if you want to know the character of a man; look at how he treats the women in his life- the ones he's close to and the ones he just has brief encounters with. It can tell you a lot within mere seconds. I don't think that's a fundamental universal truth; but it think it has a lot of wisdom in it.
mina

Postby Toro » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:43 pm

Im anti feminist even though, I believe in the stuff the basic core of what they argue for. However, where the problem comes in, is the fact that 90% of feminist are brain washed into just going with the group sheeple mentality.

Yes, fine, you don't need a man. Fine, but I was raised to hold the door for a woman. NOT because a female is a weaker being, simply as a sign of respect. Me holding a door is NOT stepping on your rights to hold your own door. :|

Feminist to me are in the same camp as Animal rights activist. Yes, I agree with the core reason for the group to exist (Animals shouldn't be needlessly harmed/neglected etc. and women SHOULD receive fair treatment) , but much like government and religions. When people become a mouth piece to spout propaganda over using their brains. They become dangerous no matter what they "stand for".

Why some men hate women I think is based on past hurts. Either they were hurt by dating the wrong woman so all women are judged by a single womans actions. Myabe their mother didnt hug them enough. Who knows.

Other men feel weak unless they have a woman to push around so theres that group as well.

I can support a woman that wants equality, I CAN'T however support a woman that is screaming equality and anger because she hates everything male, any more than I can support a woman hating man.

Sure, the women can't drive and kitchen jokes are funny....... but..... on a serious level, both camps disturb me.
Toro

Postby Ethnog » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:10 am

Extremism in anything makes me cringe
I find there is something deeply psychology if a man "hates" women. It was either abuse or being raised to believe he is better than women. Some families do both.
What bothers me more than anything is when some women hate other woman. This can also be psychological or abuse. From my experience with other women treating me unkindly, it has mostly been self hate projected.

What stood out to me in the OP was the woman who made those remarks to you LT.

I remember someone I knew who would call another woman a "bitch" because she looked better. She didn't know her or anything about her but because she was skinnier and pretty she was a bitch. It made me angry. I don't like using that word against women and I admit I have at times not because she is a women but because her behavior is as such. I've meet men with such a behavior too.

I think we need to teach girls to love other girls so that when they grow up they love other women without dragging them through the mud.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby sketcher » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:51 am

I don't think I hated women in general but when I had a much less favorable attitude towards them, it was because many of them didn't seem to have the same concept of honor that a lot of men at least knew about. Of course, men who also didn't have it also got my contempt.

More specifically, I saw them as fickle creatures who believed that present feelings were more valid than commitments previously made. Not just in terms of relationships, but in terms of every day life. Rather than suck it up and do what they said they were going to do, I saw them as playing the princess card, as if they were entitled to a way out of whatever it was. What's not to hate about that?

I don't have this overwhelming attitude anymore though. Maybe it's because I've matured. Maybe it's because the women I'm around now are more mature than the "women" I was around then. Maybe both are working together. Who knows.
sketcher

Postby Amber » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:00 am

little_tigress wrote:And the conversation ended with him alienating myself and the only other woman participating in the discussion by saying, essentially, that all women are potential emotional/mental abusers and that the rise of the modern day feminist movement is evidence of how men are being persecuted and torn down.

I think all women are potential emotional/mental abusers and that modern day feminism is mostly about subjugation and not equality. But I certainly don't hate women :roll:

I also think all men are potential emotional/mental abusers and that men who participate in the modern day feminist movement are helping to tear down the socially accepted construct of what it is to be male. This isn't necessarily a bad thing depending on how you feel about society's take on the male gender roles and expectations.

To take the words of Ms. Swift "Haters gonna hate, hate, hate". I don't see women (or men) getting any more flak than any other era, the same mindsets and issues just surface in a mutated way for each new generation.
Amber

Postby Leothelioness » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:20 am

Yes, I have noticed this. All one needs to do is check out the Dalrock blog and you'll see that chauvinism is alive and well.

The one thing about it, though that all these men have in common is they come from a radical brand of Christianity that essentially teaches the subjugation of women on all levels. It's also no coincidence - and quite amusing to note - that they are usually disgruntled "nice" guys who have never had success with women. Of course they'll hate what they can't have.

Those have been my observations.
I deserve the best, and the best is you.
Leothelioness

Next

Return to Chat Lounge