what color do you see?

We're called ChattyChristians.com for a reason! If you can't find a place for it anywhere else, post it here!

Re: what color do you see?

Postby Ethnog » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:18 am

That's very weird I just clicked on the OP and the dress turned black and blue, did they change the picture in that post or is my phone doing crazy things?
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby little_tigress » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:01 am

Nope. Same picture. Maybe it has something to do with the lighting on your phone or the room you're in. Or something.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Ethnog » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:11 am

Didn't change the lighting on my phone. Closed it and walked to the room I had seen it first and opened it again and it was black and blue still.
Very strange.
Ethnog

Postby little_tigress » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:29 pm

Apparently it's actually blue and black. At least according to this. I call shenanigans though. The other picture just looks like a completely different dress to me.

But the Twitter war between Mindy Kaling and BJ Novak is what makes this article winning!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... l-facebook
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
little_tigress

Postby Wren » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:36 pm

They look like the same dress to me, though with the woman wearing it, it looks a little darker (which is probably just due to lighting).
Wren

Postby mina » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:21 pm

Lighting does wacky things to images. Blues and whites are hard to distinguish in harsh lighting. I saw the original dress listing for sale and was like wow they really blew the tumbler((?) image out!
mina

Postby Ethnog » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:00 am

The science behind light and color made this far more fasinating.
Ethnog

Postby little_tigress » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:04 am

I have verifiable proof that I'm crazy =) I just can't not see white and gold no matter how I look at it.

http://youtu.be/xLxVZ8W-aHY
little_tigress

Postby sketcher » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:43 am

White and gold.

As someone who has edited photos quite a bit, I have plenty of experience seeing how one pixel in a certain area of a photo can be very different from the overall shade it helps to produce.
sketcher

Previous

Return to Chat Lounge