what color do you see?

We're called ChattyChristians.com for a reason! If you can't find a place for it anywhere else, post it here!

what color do you see?

Postby little_tigress » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:04 am

❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

what color do you see?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: what color do you see?

Postby mina » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:20 am

White and gold; It's so white it photographs in a blueish tint. I don't see where the black is coming from at all. It's ugly though; I wouldn't wear it.
mina

Postby little_tigress » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:24 am

Yeah. I spent a few minutes trying to figure out where these other colors are coming from. I even heard people saying brown or red. All I see is white and gold.
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
little_tigress

Postby Wren » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:34 am

I see blue and a deep brown.

I just asked WrenHubby (without telling him what I saw) and he said, "blue and dark brown."

Here's a link with a possible explanation for the color differences: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1000262
Wren

Postby mina » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:42 am

I just looked at it again on my phone and it looks blue and dark brown. The first time I looked at it on my pc.
mina

Postby Wren » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:58 am

We looked on WrenHubby's phone and it's still blue and dark brown to us, even with adjustments to the brightness.

We asked WrenBaby, who knows his colors for the most part and says it's black (he probably thought I was pointing to the lacy part). So, at least we're all in agreement. I've read elsewhere where a family of 4 is looking at the same picture on the same computer and seeing different colors.
Wren

Postby little_tigress » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:24 am

Interesting read, thanks for the link , Wren.

I first looked at it on my phone, although I noticed after I last posted that if I scroll fast enough, the dress changes to very light blue and gold for me. I tried it just now on my computer and its still white and gold though. I dunno how that fits in with the theory from the link though since I have my phone's brightness turned down as much as I can, so its very dim. And my laptop is actually pretty bright. So I should see different colours, right?

The way I heard about this was I had my car radio turned to the news station trying to see if something that happened in the neighborhood where I worked would be reported. And they started talking about this dress. Apparently the whole newsroom was completely divided on what the colours actually are.
little_tigress

Postby Ethnog » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:28 am

My first thought was white and gold but the light hitting it makes it look like pale blue tone. And the gold has undertones of green.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby Wren » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:25 am

Wren

Postby little_tigress » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:55 am

haha I love how this has become the great debate of the decade all within a few hours :D
little_tigress

Next

Return to Chat Lounge