are leggings sinful?

We're called ChattyChristians.com for a reason! If you can't find a place for it anywhere else, post it here!

Re: are leggings sinful?

Postby little_tigress » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:00 pm

I love your brain, Mina :D
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Ethnog » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:22 pm

mina wrote:No, but they aren't pants either and should not be worn as they are. Camel toes are a sin...... of fashion.

I just spite out my coffee. I can't stop laughing.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby mina » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:28 pm

:D
mina

Postby sketcher » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:34 am

I'm just going to say that as a fan of well-formed women's legs, I'd rather not see leggings mar them. If she's ditching them to prevent guys like me from lusting after her legs, that's a fail.
sketcher

Postby sketcher » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:42 am

Wren wrote:No, but then again, I think women should be able to walk naked down the street with men being able to control themselves like the non-feral creatures they are.

Yeah. That's right. ;)

Wren wrote:They aren't these wild beasts who can't control themselves and must gawk, harass, and some even rape because of how women are dressed. (Obviously rape has nothing to do with how a woman is dressed, but the excuse is still used and the question "what was she wearing" is still asked.)

Well, with rape, according to various interviews of convicted rapists, the clothing is relevant in that they target women who are in easy-to-remove clothing. That's different from seeing skin and wanting to check her out some more. It's very important to not conflate how rapists look at women with how regular guys look at them.

Wren wrote:Men don't worry about causing lust in women when they jog shirtless.

Then again, the men who care about that won't jog shirtless. If I were in that kind of shape, and if I were into jogging, that would be a serious moral consideration for me.
sketcher

Postby Wesley » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:52 am

sketcher wrote:Then again, the men who care about that won't jog shirtless. If I were in that kind of shape, and if I were into jogging, that would be a serious moral consideration for me.

I have the same concerns. :| I'm not exactly cover model material, but over the long run of working out, and now leaning down, I do wonder if I have a new set of obligations to my fellow humans as I continue to hit some target goals. I mean, there's biblical basis for not causing outhers to stumble, and there's also biblical basis for not being responsible for other people's sins. There's a daulity there, but it's complimentary more than it is conflicting. So... I dunno. It appears to be "Be normal, not excessive." So if someone is ripped, then you can't really keep that to yourself with normal clothing, whatever, don't worry. But jogging around in short shorts and no shirt... maybe not. Am I responsible for someone's thoughts? No. But am I responsible before God for not being mindful of others? The bible would indicate yes.

Where are those lines? Are they solid or fuzzy? Cultural of objective and universal? That's where the serious thought must take place. And I haven't been able to come to solid conlcusions yet.
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby little_tigress » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:54 pm

Not sure how this fits into the discussion. But I'll just leave this here

http://www.vancouversun.com/touch/story ... d=10805548
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
little_tigress

Postby sketcher » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:06 am

“I want Montana to be known as a decent state where people can live within the security of laws and protect their children and associates from degrading and indecent practices,” Hill said Tuesday in support of the measure.

If that's the case, all they'd really need to do is ban the big & tall sizes.
sketcher

Postby little_tigress » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:22 am

My first thought, when I read that article, was

"I'm glad I'm Canadian."

It'd be downright rude to ban yoga pants here and therefore unCanadian.
little_tigress

Postby Leothelioness » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:07 pm

I certainly hope not because I love my leggings. :lol:
I deserve the best, and the best is you.
Leothelioness

PreviousNext

Return to Chat Lounge