IJWTS

We're called ChattyChristians.com for a reason! If you can't find a place for it anywhere else, post it here!

IJWTS

Postby Wren » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:31 am

Is there something you just want to say? (IJWTS = I Just Want To Say) Here's a casual chat thread. Enjoy
Wren

IJWTS

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: IJWTS

Postby Wesley » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:34 am

Every day the gulf between myself and those who are smarter than me continues to expand. :lol:
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby little_tigress » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:34 am

IJWTS - I missed this thread. thanks :D
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Wren » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:11 am

I haven't read any books since moving to California for various reasons. This makes me a little sad. And WrenBaby was getting fussy in the library today (as I filled out the application and waited for the clerk to process it and give me a card), so I just got him some books quickly and didn't look for me. Oh well, next time I'll put some on hold ahead of time and can just grab them and go.
Wren

Postby Wesley » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:44 am

Wren wrote:I haven't read any books since moving to California for various reasons. This makes me a little sad. And WrenBaby was getting fussy in the library today (as I filled out the application and waited for the clerk to process it and give me a card), so I just got him some books quickly and didn't look for me. Oh well, next time I'll put some on hold ahead of time and can just grab them and go.

What are your thoughts on eReaders? I have the cheapest, ad-riddled eInk Kindle Touch (cost $79) and really like it. If I get the whimsy for a certain book, I search for it, get it for a few dollars, and I don't get the eye strain that I do with a backlit screen.

It's still not got the charm of dead trees, but it's not too bad. Also it allows me to be impulsive... except I haven't read anything on it for like... 18 months. :(
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby mina » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:52 pm

Ijwts-i wish it were the end of June.
mina

Postby Wren » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:21 pm

Wesley wrote:
Wren wrote:I haven't read any books since moving to California for various reasons. This makes me a little sad. And WrenBaby was getting fussy in the library today (as I filled out the application and waited for the clerk to process it and give me a card), so I just got him some books quickly and didn't look for me. Oh well, next time I'll put some on hold ahead of time and can just grab them and go.

What are your thoughts on eReaders? I have the cheapest, ad-riddled eInk Kindle Touch (cost $79) and really like it. If I get the whimsy for a certain book, I search for it, get it for a few dollars, and I don't get the eye strain that I do with a backlit screen.

It's still not got the charm of dead trees, but it's not too bad. Also it allows me to be impulsive... except I haven't read anything on it for like... 18 months. :(

I bought a Kindle during Black Friday, but I haven't been using it since I strongly prefer paper books. I think I need to get it out and figure out how to check out books electronically from the library.
Wren

Postby little_tigress » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:12 pm

Turns out that my genius idea yesterday was only genius yesterday. It completely backfired today. Blech.
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
little_tigress

Postby Ethnog » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:56 am

We had a contest at work for creative lesson plan. I won the 200 dollars! :D
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby little_tigress » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:31 am

My new goal in life: to one day own a pair of Louis Vuitton heels.
little_tigress

Next

Return to Chat Lounge