sharing passwords?

We're called ChattyChristians.com for a reason! If you can't find a place for it anywhere else, post it here!

sharing passwords?

Postby little_tigress » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:37 pm

So listening to the radio on the way to work this morning, the morning show hosts brought up a discussion. Do you, or would you, share your passwords for things like phones, email, Facebook, etc... With your spouse?

I've got my own thoughts on this but I'll post those later.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

sharing passwords?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: sharing passwords?

Postby Toro » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:04 am

I don't see no reason why I wouldn't share them.

After all, she would have access to my bank account. That could mess up my life far more than passwords for my phone, email... etc.

I got absolutely nothing to hide. I couldn't possibly care less.

I know people say "I still need my privacy" or "I am still my own person", but, its your husband or wife. Not simply a boyfriend or girlfriend.

Them simply having it doesn't mean that you have no privacy. Simply means you never know IF/when they might. It also doesn't take any less away from the person you are or keep you from pursuing your own individual interests.

Small price to pay IMO if it makes the woman I love more than any other (after all, I said "I do") any better.

Unless she has major self esteem issues..(Which in that case even with all the evidence in the world would never convince her of my loyalty. But that goes into a deeper issue than simply password sharing) .. then I must have failed somewhere to make her question my loyalties. So.... for her. She can have at all my communications if it helps her to see my loyalties are only with her.

A girlfriend? No. They are my personal things. I am a loyal and good man. Yes, I want my privacy..... but it has nothing to do with cheating. If she wants the no holds barred, everything in my life open to her. She need but be my wife and then she can have all that I am. Til then......

Toro

Postby mina » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:36 am

I don't purposely go out of my way to force my husband to know them, but we have most of them written down in one place so he can look at anything of mine he wants, and the same for me. I don't really care. I have nothing to hide. I respect my husband's privacy and completely trust him so I'm not one to purposely check his stuff. Everything is accessible for either of us to look at if we really want, and I don't think either of us really care. I stay logged on to my fb on his computer most of the time, so he usually sees it at some point. He has fb but doesn't really use his. He shows me his friends texts most of the time, bc they are funny people, or he'll ask me to find something on his phone if he's driving or in another room. We share, don't snoop, and don't try or look for ways to distrust the other.
mina

Postby Ethnog » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:20 am

I would.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby Wesley » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:07 am

Would I? Maybe. I think I'd be more concerned with the conversation and direction that a relationship had taken that got to the point of wanting them in the first place (assuming I hadn't screwed up and been unfaithful). That's a shade within the spectrum of emotional abuse.

I have a "In Case of Death" file that has lots of personal passwords, and information so that my passing will be fraught with less frustration and irritation than is absolutely necessary. She'd know where that was, for sure, but I'd ask that it's not just hauled out and used in a manner of "Oh hey just checking up on you!" You're not my mom. You don't check up on me. You come at me and ask me plain faced question and I'll give you plain answers, and if you ever have a reason to doubt me (real or imagined) then leave me or I'll leave you or... something.

But just sharing as a matter of some kind of trust fall... no.
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby little_tigress » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:42 am

for my own answer... I don't know if I would go out of my way to say, "here, have all my passwords, now give me yours!" But I wouldn't refuse if he asked to share that. and I'd be OK with him having them.

I never log out of my email, facebook, forum, etc... accounts now as it is and likely wouldn't change that habit if I ever do marry, so he'd have full access to any of my accounts at any point if he wanted to look. I see that as creating a sense of openness rather than distrust though. If he or I felt like we *needed* to look at the other's accounts, there's probably deeper issues going on that having access wouldn't solve.

But I doubt I'd get upset at the thought of him gaining access to my various accounts. Why would I marry a man that I couldn't trust with that? :)
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Toro » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:07 am

little_tigress wrote:for my own answer... I don't know if I would go out of my way to say, "here, have all my passwords, now give me yours!" But I wouldn't refuse if he asked to share that. and I'd be OK with him having them.

I never log out of my email, facebook, forum, etc... accounts now as it is and likely wouldn't change that habit if I ever do marry, so he'd have full access to any of my accounts at any point if he wanted to look. I see that as creating a sense of openness rather than distrust though. If he or I felt like we *needed* to look at the other's accounts, there's probably deeper issues going on that having access wouldn't solve.

But I doubt I'd get upset at the thought of him gaining access to my various accounts. Why would I marry a man that I couldn't trust with that? :)

Yeah, I wouldn't list them all out for her either.... I would however say.... if you want or need them.... here they are.
Toro

Postby sketcher » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:42 am

Haven't thought too hard on that. But having the password means having the power to change the password. I use tough passwords. I wouldn't want her to change an important password to "elephant" or something.
sketcher

Return to Chat Lounge