God helps those who help themselves

We're called ChattyChristians.com for a reason! If you can't find a place for it anywhere else, post it here!

Postby Leothelioness » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:50 am

How true do you think this statement is? Have you found it to be successful for you in various areas of life?

I believe it's pretty accurate. I have seen many blessings in my life as of late because I chose to get up and help myself first. I do think we should also wait on God, but I don't think He wants us to just be complacent and not do anything at all.

So, what are your thoughts and experiences?
I deserve the best, and the best is you.
Leothelioness

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: God helps those who help themselves

Postby little_tigress » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:06 am

I think it's true. He's not going to micro manage our lives. We have choices to make that can lead to better things. And inaction in hopes that God will intervene is a choice too. Very often an unwise one.

But he gave us commonsense, wisdom, and wise people in our lives to help make smart choices. And he expects us to use all of that.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Leothelioness » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:11 am

Completely agreed, LT. :)
Leothelioness

Postby Ethnog » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:50 am

I agree with both of you.
It hasn't been easy for me to be positive lately but have to continually check myself and look forward to better things in my life. I've been actively changing things (even if I do sound bitter here with my posts). Environment plays a huge role for me but I've been resistant most of my life. I've accepted things as they are and those I can change. That has helped me a lot too.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby Leothelioness » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:54 am

I have been resistant, too and that's been the hardest thing for me. I really have a love/hate relationship with my comfort zone.

Glad to hear you are making strides. :)
Leothelioness

Postby mina » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:45 pm

I think it depends on the situation. There are things we all should be doing; and using common sense and intelligence along with responsibility is part of it. But, sometimes i've experienced situations where I could not help myself and there were no answers. And in those cases, I'm very grateful that God also helps the helpless.
mina

Postby little_tigress » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:50 pm

Thats an excellent point, Mina. I've experienced that myself. He is very good and merciful.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby sketcher » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:02 am

Not something to bank on, but it's generally good to live as though it were true.
sketcher

Return to Chat Lounge