Who here is already done with Christmas shopping?

We're called ChattyChristians.com for a reason! If you can't find a place for it anywhere else, post it here!

Postby Wesley » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:31 pm

Are you one of those people who finish most if not all of their shopping before December even arrives? I was almost done in November. I still have a few people left to grab some gifts for, and I don't like not having all my shopping done by now. I like to keep running Christmas lists all through the year and hopefully have most of the shopping done by... Thanksgiving. :lol:

Am I the only one?
Wesley
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Who here is already done with Christmas shopping?

Postby little_tigress » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:55 pm

I'm basically done. I'm just waiting on a few gifts to arrive that I've ordered and then I can start wrapping things. I also decided on a couple of little extra things I want to throw in with a couple of the gifts. I know what they are, I just need to get them this weekend.

I'm pretty much on schedule for my Christmas shopping. I'm usually done by the first or second week of December.

One year I managed to finish before December ever hit. I have no idea how I managed to pull that off :D
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby mina » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:50 pm

Haven't started. My work schedule is insane so I guess I should start online shopping like this weekend. Usually I'm done by now, thanks late ending job. I haven't even done my cards yet!
mina

Postby little_tigress » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:55 pm

Online shopping is the saviour for today's busy schedule. I don't know how older generations survived without it.
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
little_tigress

Postby Wren » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:48 am

To be honest, with all that's been going on in my life lately, I haven't even thought about Christmas presents (or even WrenBaby's birthday present for this month). It's a good thing that WrenHubby doesn't really like gifts and WrenBaby is too young to really care (especially since he gets toys and books throughout the year anyway even if it's not many). For WrenBaby's birthday I'll probably just give him a special dessert. We already got him some new (to us) books for an upcoming trip. I'm not sure why but birthday gifts are more important to me than Christmas gifts. And I won't be doing Christmas cards this year, which is rare for me. Hopefully next year will be calmer, in a good way, and I'll get back into the swing of commercial Christmas.
Wren

Postby mina » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:40 pm

little_tigress wrote:Online shopping is the saviour for today's busy schedule. I don't know how older generations survived without it.

I like to think things were more laid back then or even simpler. Maybe it's just where I live, but I get the impression in these modern times that if you have time to even relax you are a "bad human" and possibly selfish so everyone works themselves into a frenzy and schedule more and more just to prove their worth. Me, I'm fine with doing the bare minimum and then enjoying life (especially if I don't and won't get paid for working more), but it seems like even the bare minimum is grossly obnoxiously time consuming.
mina

Postby little_tigress » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:45 pm

Yeah there is an expectation that life should be uber busy this time of year with parties and gift shopping, etc.. and I think its because that is true for a lot of people, the assumption tends to be that it should be for everyone.

But I don't really care. I've learned that I will do what I can, and not sweat the rest. If other people want to judge, then its really a reflection of who they are and not some failure on my part. You should just enjoy the season with whatever down-time you can find and not worry about what others think.

You too, Wren.

I am just about finished with my Christmas cards. I'm letting my wrist rest a little bit before I finish them up. I should have actually had this done before since I have cards going to Japan and Australia, and I think I just missed the cutoff date to mail to either place. Oh wells.
little_tigress

Postby Ethnog » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:04 am

I finished today.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby Toro » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:49 am

Nope, but only cause I have to buy toys for my familys kids and I am waiting on them to email me a list. (youd think they could hurry up with it. :P)

The only other person left to buy I will probably just have Amazon ship it straight to her so I can kill a couple days before I fill that order. Then Ill just mail her the card. :D
Toro

Postby mina » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:20 pm

In nyc, the expectations of busy-ness is all the time. I guess a lot of people are centered around money here. I don't care at all what people think and I think I'll take a day off next week! I still haven't started Christmas shopping!
mina

Next

Return to Chat Lounge