share a recipe

We're called ChattyChristians.com for a reason! If you can't find a place for it anywhere else, post it here!

Re: share a recipe

Postby Toro » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:53 am

I love my magic bullet.

The only problem is. They don't have enough cups. :(

I mean seriously...... why not sell cups separately?

I bought the highest "grade" with all the extras and I STILL want more cups, but don't see a purpose to buy a whole nother set with all the extras just so I can get more cups.

I actually bought two, one for me one for the last woman I dated, both with all the bells and whistles so I guess technically Id have to buy 3 if I wanted to expand my bullet cups.

They do have some for sale, but they are the look a likes, and dont fit.... the typical case of generic add on. It looks the same, but is off just enough to render it useless.

I looked at the link you posted LT. Id suggest the 25 piece one. It comes with an ice shaver blade that is insanely useful it you want to make something into a powder. (Oatmeal for example)

I looked on you Canada walmart site. It doesn't look like an option there...... maybe Canada amazon?

If not Ill order it for you and send it to you...... of course I will need your address. ;)

Toro

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby little_tigress » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:05 am

You're my stalker and you don't know my address?

Fail, Toro. Fail.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Toro » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:21 am

Hey, its not fail that I notice your beauty above noticing the numbers on a building. :P
Toro

Postby little_tigress » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:01 pm

I haven't made this yet, but I fully intend to as soon as humanly possible. Peppermint anything is one of my big weaknesses.

Frozen Peppermint Pie:

http://www.thirtyhandmadedays.com/2013/ ... rmint-pie/
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
little_tigress

Postby Toro » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:15 pm

Say no more...... Im on my way. :P

I love just about everything peppermint..... except those nasty taffy peppermint things. ACK!

Toro

Postby little_tigress » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:35 pm

I don't think I've ever tried those. But it's peppermint. How bad can it be?
little_tigress

Postby Toro » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:13 pm

little_tigress wrote:I don't think I've ever tried those. But it's peppermint. How bad can it be?

Try one, I doubt you'll like them. Then get back to me. :P

They might look like peppermint, but they taste like a flat, old peppermint that you might find under a couch cushion.

I tried multiple brands, multiple batches and they all taste the same..... bland and nasty.

I like the "sinus clearing effect" of a peppermint as much as I love the taste. Those things lack both.

Worst part is, since its taffy, you chomp and chomp and chomp... hoping it will get better..... but it doesn't..... but its either chomp away or spit it out.
Toro

Postby MacFall » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:17 am

A bit late for Thanksgiving, but this was such a hit this year that I figured y'all might be interested in my green bean casserole recipe. It's awesome because the mushroom cream sauce doesn't make it gooey and sloppy like cream of mushroom soup does. The secret is in the Parmesan cheese.

16 oz. green beans, fresh or frozen
32 oz. fresh mushrooms, chopped
1 medium onion, diced
16 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
1 stick butter
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 2.8 oz cans French fried onions
4 garlic cloves (or 2 tsp garlic powder)
2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt

1. If using fresh green beans, boil until tender in about 1 cup of water and drain. If frozen, move on to step 2.

2. In large skillet or saucepan, sautée diced onions and chopped mushrooms in olive oil and butter until brown and tender. Add garlic, salt, and pepper.

3. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add heavy cream. While stirring continuously, slowly add 12 oz. of the Parmesan cheese, saving the last 4 oz. Simmer until thick.

3a. If using frozen green beans, prepare according to package instructions while mushroom cream sauce is simmering. Make sure beans are drained before adding to recipe.

4. When sauce is ready, combine with green beans and one can of French fried onions in a large casserole dish.

5. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until any liquid on the bottom of the casserole dish has bubbled up through the surface.

6. Combine remaining can of French fried onions with remaining Parmesan cheese. Make sure onions are well covered by cheese.

7. After casserole has baked, put onion/cheese mixture on as a topping, and broil for about 5 minutes, taking care not to let burn. Allow to cool before serving.

No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
MacFall

Postby little_tigress » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:51 am

Ohh that sounds really good, Mac. I might have to try it!
little_tigress

Postby little_tigress » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:46 pm

Because I'm a girl and I'm lazy, I shall be trying some of these.

I'm sure non-lazy non-girls could also make use of these recipes.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelysanders/ ... d&s=mobile
little_tigress

Previous

Return to Chat Lounge