Skin, hair products, etc.

We're called ChattyChristians.com for a reason! If you can't find a place for it anywhere else, post it here!

Re: Skin, hair products, etc.

Postby Ethnog » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:44 am

When I was in college a girl in my class was selling Mary Kay. I bought a set of makeup brushes from her. I wanted to return it because I thought it was so expensive but then got too embarrassed. Well, it's been almost 12 years and I still use them so I definitely got my monies worth and then some.

It's true if you take care of your brushes you can use them for years!
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby mina » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:26 am

Yeah. All of their products are quality products. I have a mary kay foundation brush and that thing is amazing!
mina

Postby FLGator_Chicky » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:36 pm

I have extremely sensitive/combination skin and struggled for years to find a good product for it. I finally gave up and started using straight baking soda as a daily face scrub and my skin has never looked so good! Go figure.

I did just buy a tube of Neutrogena's Deep Clean gentle scrub and am liking that so far.

I'm bad about using night creams. I should really be using eye cream, especially.

I make my own body scrub. Spring/Summer months I use a coconut lime scrub and Fall/Winter months I use a brown sugar vanilla scrub. <3
FLGator_Chicky

Postby FLGator_Chicky » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:38 pm

smacarena wrote:I use Dove soap. Come at me, bro.

So does my Grandpa and he's a manly mechanic, deep-sea fishing man. It just shows y'all are comfortable embracing your feminine side, too. ;)
FLGator_Chicky

Postby smackus maxiumus » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:14 pm

FLGator_Chicky wrote:
smacarena wrote:I use Dove soap. Come at me, bro.

So does my Grandpa and he's a manly mechanic, deep-sea fishing man. It just shows y'all are comfortable embracing your feminine side, too. ;)

Actually, I used to use the regular Dove soap because I was having problems with dry skin, and my doctor recommended using a milder soap. Not too long after, I found that they were selling stuff called "Dove Men Care." So I've been using that ever since. Actually, a bar of that is the only thing in my shower. :lol:
smackus maxiumus

Postby Wren » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:26 pm

Even though crafter/artisan soap is more expensive, I do love that stuff. Someone once told me to try Dove soap, since my skin is so reactive, but it made my skin go nuts. I've been using this wonderful pumpkin soap and it's so creamy. I haven't had any luck finding a local soap maker, like I did in WI, but Etsy is great for that sort of thing.
Wren

Postby FLGator_Chicky » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:46 pm

My skin is reactive, too. It stinks because there are so many products I would love to use, but it's not worth breaking out in a rash over them!

I loved a Plumeria glycerin soap that Bath & Body Works used to carry, but they discontinued it and I have not gone hunting for a new brand. There is a specialty soap shop in our historic downtown area that I've always wanted to check out, I'm just concerned about sticker shock. I'm cheap. lol
FLGator_Chicky

Postby Wren » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:52 pm

sketcher wrote:I would like to see more beard products hit the mainstream stores and become cheaper. $14 is too much to pay for a bottle of beard wash. I haven't actually tried it let alone paid for it, but I am kinda curious as to what it does.

There are cheaper beard products on Etsy. http://www.etsy.com/listing/163686017/b ... ref=market
http://www.etsy.com/listing/165754864/b ... ref=market

And this one appears to have free shipping: http://www.etsy.com/listing/156577361/b ... ref=market
Wren

Postby Wren » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:56 pm

FLGator_Chicky wrote:My skin is reactive, too. It stinks because there are so many products I would love to use, but it's not worth breaking out in a rash over them!

I loved a Plumeria glycerin soap that Bath & Body Works used to carry, but they discontinued it and I have not gone hunting for a new brand. There is a specialty soap shop in our historic downtown area that I've always wanted to check out, I'm just concerned about sticker shock. I'm cheap. lol

I'm cheap, too, but skin care is one area I'm willing to pay more because of my psoriasis. Because those products are cheaper than prescription treatments, even with insurance, and they are probably much better for my skin long term.
Wren

Postby Ethnog » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:37 pm

Sometimes you have to pay to get something that's good for you. But it all depends on the product and not the price.

On groupon there was whipped soap. too bad it was all sold out. They had three jars for only 7.99. I would like to try it out next time if they ever have it back again.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

PreviousNext

Return to Chat Lounge