Skin, hair products, etc.

We're called ChattyChristians.com for a reason! If you can't find a place for it anywhere else, post it here!

Re: Skin, hair products, etc.

Postby FLGator_Chicky » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:31 pm

There is a line I absolutely adore that is German and is plant-based, all-natural products. I used it for several years and loved what it did for my skin. (They have skin & body care and a make up line.) But, their prices are high-end. I understand the concept of getting what you pay for, but when one's budget isn't cut out to support an $80/jar skincare habit, then it just isn't. *shrug*

I have rosacea and extremely sensitive skin. I also have issues with my scalp. I have managed to find generic products or household items that work for the problems I have. I'm good with that.
FLGator_Chicky

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wren » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:17 pm

Yeah, when I say I pay more, I certainly don't mean $80 a jar. I'm talking $6 big bars of soap and I use drug store or similar prices via Amazon skin care products. Household items haven't worked for me so far. (Oh my goodness was the olive oil experiment a fail, thank you dear sister.) Though as soon as my shampoo is used up, I plan on trying baking soda and apple cider vinegar on my scalp and hair.
Wren

Postby FLGator_Chicky » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:27 pm

I'm a huge fan of the Aveeno products and will even buy the store-brand comparison sometimes. They work well for my skin and don't break my pocketbook.

I was surprised that the baking soda worked for my face as a daily scrub. But, it reduced the redness a LOT. I have not ventured away from my normal hair products. I think I'm brave enough for cutting and coloring it on my own. Someone else can be responsible for cleaning it. lol
FLGator_Chicky

Postby Ethnog » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:10 am

The Tarte lipsticks I ordered came, and let me tell you they are divine.

There is five in total, and I think there was a mistake and one of the colors has two of the same inside. Instead of returning it I thought I save the other one and give it to someone who wears true red lipstick. Then I remembered that my boss does, so I think I will give it to here with something else on Christmas.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby Ethnog » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:04 am

Thanks for finding it!

This year I've been paying more attention to my skin. I feel like it's better than it has ever been. I don't know if it's because I exercise or use great products, maybe a combo of both. I still break out because I'm acne prone and have oily skin so it's hard to put stuff that will work.

List of thing I've been using:
Clarisonic. So amazing and worth the investment.
Purity made simple by philosophy. The best face wash I've ever used.
Kate Somerville oil free moisturizer.
Kate Somerville quench oil free serum.
The last two are very pricey but so good!
Ethnog

Postby mina » Sun May 31, 2015 7:45 pm

I still like Mary Kay; but I took a break from it. I've been using yes to carrots day moisturizer , yes to cucumbers night cream, and burt's bee's face wash. I really like all of it and it seems to make my skin have a healthy "glow" but that could also be hormones. The carrots moisturizer can be a bit sticky though so I might try something else when I finish the bottle. In the winter it was fine, but the hot weather makes it feel sticky and filmy.
mina

Postby Ethnog » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:41 am

Maybe use it for night during the summer. A heavy moisturizer can be harsh on your skin during summers. At least it is for me.

I've been using a tinted moisturizer I got from Josie Maran as my foundation for the last few days and really loving it on my skin. I'm still amazed that I can put argan oil on my oily skin and not break out. It's helped control it so much.
I also leaned that oily skin means dry skin. So you have to balance it instead of stripping it like I would before.
I read back what I wrote a few months ago and my skin has been getting better and better. Finding products that work takes a while but once you do the results are great.
Ethnog

Postby RayofSun » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:24 am

Tinted moisturizers are wonderful and usually all I use in the summer.

However this summer I am really struggling with my skin. I keep breaking out, and I don't usually. What's crazy is that I've used less product the past few months, have been taking vitamins, and using cleansers. But my skin is seriously the worst it's ever been. Ugh. I'm going to hope that some exposure to the sun will heal everything. Lol!
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I entrust my life.

~Psalm 143:8
RayofSun

Postby Wesley » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:47 am

For the last several years I've been using products from a company called Noevir. I like their aftershave that's not heavily perfumed, their regular skin moisturizer, and this crystal shampoo stuff that's like a simple microderm abrasion without all the redness and blood. Just a simple exfoliating soap because it has micro crystals in it.

Actually I'm looking for some other suggestions in the form of exfoliating soaps and cleaners for the face though. Anyone got anything?
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby Ethnog » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:41 am

Philosophy- purity made simple and exfoliating face wash! One of my favorites.

Speaking of which, it's the Nordstrom anniversary sale I bought the super size of both for half the price! Yay for sales.
Ethnog

PreviousNext

Return to Chat Lounge