Skin, hair products, etc.

We're called ChattyChristians.com for a reason! If you can't find a place for it anywhere else, post it here!

Re: Skin, hair products, etc.

Postby Ethnog » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:13 am

I didn't realize how much I would love the Josie Maran collection I got in May. The Argan Oil is nearly done! The tinted moisturizer will last a good year and the mascara is fantastic!
I hope she has another value like this again! Next time if she has a collection similar to this I will get two, the bargen was awesome.
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby waves16 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:44 am

Wesley wrote:For the last several years I've been using products from a company called Noevir. I like their aftershave that's not heavily perfumed, their regular skin moisturizer, and this crystal shampoo stuff that's like a simple microderm abrasion without all the redness and blood. Just a simple exfoliating soap because it has micro crystals in it.

Actually I'm looking for some other suggestions in the form of exfoliating soaps and cleaners for the face though. Anyone got anything?

Ooooh have you ever tried anything from Lush? I swear by them. They have excellent facial scrubs. If you're looking for something with heavy exfoliation, they have a sea salt one that is divine. They do have several different varieties of scrubs, depending on your skin type and what kind of cleansing you need, and I'm rather in love with the charcoal scrub for oily skin. I also may or may not order it as an excuse to add dozens of bath bombs to my order because OH MY GOODNESS GLITTER!

In terms of daily face products, I'm pretty devoted to the body shop tea tree oil line. It's one of the few moisturizers I've found that prevents/heals blemishes, doesn't make my face oily, and feels light/refreshing. They also have a great bb cream that has good coverage and doesn't feel oily.
“Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread
through shadows to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien
waves16

Postby Ethnog » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:09 am

I'm using this new cleaner from TATCHA.
It's amazing!
Lift like a man; look like a goodness.
Ethnog

Postby Toro » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:38 pm

Bah, the only thing I have to add to this thread is Im NOT impressed with a $10 bar of soap I tried.

Since I was wearing a suit, I wanted to see what it was like to splurge on an over priced bar of soap.

Its not that it was bad. However I can get the same feeling from my normal soap and I can find better scents in my cologne arsenal. Black Amber Mistral was the soap.

It was a big bar, but with my hygiene habits... even a big bar was gone in less than a week.

Think I will stick with the only special soap I use being olive oil soap for muh shaved head.

Also, I added Versace Man to my arsenal yesterday cause it was a huge discount. Wore it today the first time.... its kinda meh. Smells a bit too "Nautica"ish to me later on, not a bad smell, but... nothing special and boarderline flowery unfortunately.

At least it DOES have staying power. New work cologne is found I guess.

A much better grab than the cologne that I bought blindly on clearance awhile back. That bottle only had one spray out of it. which was my first experience... my nose didn't like it to put on me. Im thinking maybe car freshener.
Toro

Postby little_tigress » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:46 am

Lush, Toro, you need to go to Lush.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby Toro » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:09 am

little_tigress wrote:Lush, Toro, you need to go to Lush.

Is that where you are? I will go there if that are where you shall be. ;)
Toro

Postby waves16 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:42 am

I'm currrently addicted to the Cup O Coffee mask/scrub from lush. Smells amazing and leaves my face glowing! Has anybody tried their shampoo bars? They seem really neat, I may have to give them a whirl!
― J.R.R. Tolkien
waves16

Postby little_tigress » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:38 pm

Oh the coffee mask sounds lovely. I found a recipe for a DIY coffee scrub recently that I really want to try.

I tried the shampoo bar a long time ago when I stayed at a friend's house. I don't remember what type, but I liked it.

They make great bath bombs too :)
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

Postby waves16 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:20 pm

little_tigress wrote:Oh the coffee mask sounds lovely. I found a recipe for a DIY coffee scrub recently that I really want to try.

I tried the shampoo bar a long time ago when I stayed at a friend's house. I don't remember what type, but I liked it.

They make great bath bombs too :)

OH YAY! Coffee scrub in the morning is the best thing ever! I save all my coffee grounds and mix them in a mason jar with brown sugar, honey, and vanilla, makes my skin super soft!

Their bath bombs are my dearest and guiltiest pleasure lol, I have a jar filled with them on my nightstand, makes my room smell amazing! Any faves?
― J.R.R. Tolkien
waves16

Previous

Return to Chat Lounge