my whoa moment

Have insights that you'd like to share? Post your lessons here!

my whoa moment

Postby little_tigress » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:00 pm

(Posted this on Facebook but thought I'd share it here too)

They traveled from Mount Hor along the route to the Red Sea, to go around Edom. But the people grew impatient on the way; 5 they spoke against God and against Moses, and said, “Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? There is no bread! There is no water! And we detest this miserable food!”

6 Then the Lord sent venomous snakes among them; they bit the people and many Israelites died. 7 The people came to Moses and said, “We sinned when we spoke against the Lord and against you. Pray that the Lord will take the snakes away from us.” So Moses prayed for the people. - Numbers 21: 4-7

My "whoa" moment for the day:

God had, literally, walked the Israelites out of slavery, and was feeding them directly from heaven. What was their response? Insults and ingratitude. So God responded by showing them what true misery really was.

How often are we like this? We ignore God's obvious blessings and guidance in our lives and turn to God in anger or even despair because He didn't bless us the way *we* think He should have? We can be such brats sometimes.

Thank God that, while the Israelites had the fiery serpent (a foreshadowing of the cross), we have the real thing in Christ
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

my whoa moment

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: my whoa moment

Postby Wesley » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:04 am

You're hiding in my closet aren't you.
Wesley
Site Admin

Postby little_tigress » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:39 am

Not today, no. Stalking hours are Monday-Friday 9-5.
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
little_tigress

Postby Sara » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:46 pm

little_tigress wrote:Not today, no. Stalking hours are Monday-Friday 9-5.

I thought we agreed you would change your hours to 8am-4pm MST?
Love always wins.
Sara

Postby little_tigress » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:07 pm

Nah, that's like 7AM here. That's, like, before God himself wakes up, I'm sure. And I like my sleep too much to be bothered to stalk that earlier in the morning.
little_tigress

Return to Devotions