God chose *us*

Have insights that you'd like to share? Post your lessons here!

God chose *us*

Postby little_tigress » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:46 pm

I read this in my morning reading today. And it was one of those moments when a verse you've read a hundred times suddenly stands out to you in a new light.

16For surely it is not angels that he helps, but he helps the offspring of Abraham. 17 Therefore he had to be made like his brothers in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. - Hebrews 2:16-17

We are given a special place in creation that no other creature is given. God wants to save us. He wants reconciliation with us. He wants a real and personal relationship with us. Even the angels, who serve right at the feet of God himself, once fallen, are left without hope of any reconciliation with Him. But in our fallen state, he takes mercy on us and draws us to Himself so that we might be saved.

Its mindblowing to me that He should care anything for us. We're nothing. We're dust. We live to rebel against Him, and yet He wants us.

Amazing.
❥ ~❥~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥ ~ ❥
Qu'ils sont beaux sur les montagnes, Les pieds de celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie la paix! De celui qui apporte de bonnes nouvelles, Qui publie le salut! De celui qui dit à Sion: ton Dieu règne!
Ésaïe 52:7
little_tigress

God chose *us*

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: God chose *us*

Postby Edwards1984 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:08 pm

People who complain about God's judgment against sinners forget about the fallen angels. God could have left man like them - without hope of reconciliation, and left in their depraved state. Instead, by His mercy He saves His people from their sins, and shows mercy on those who do not deserve it. We should be thanking Him every day, every hour, every minute, every second for that.
"And how the Lord has a little left me, how weak do I find myself! O, let it teach me to depend less on myself, to be more humble, and to give more of the praise of my ability to Jesus Christ." Jonathan Edwards (from his journal)
Edwards1984

Return to Devotions